Saturday 24 May 2014

TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE IN HOTELS

Basic Telephone Etiquettes:
What all points should be taken care of while answering a call?
  • Phone should be answered within three rings.
  • Smile even though you are on the telephone.
  • Sit or stand up straight.
  • Use a low voice pitch.
  • Match your speaking rate to the caller's.
  • Avoid extremes in volume.
Standard Phrase:
How to answer an External call?
  • Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), (Your Hotel Name) , How may I help you.
  • How to answer Internal Guest calls?
  • Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening) Mr. _________ (Guest last name), This is ________(Your first name), How may I help you.
  • How to answer interdepartmental calls?
  • Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), This is _______ (Your first name), How may I help you.
Transferring a guest call:
How to transfer a guest call?
  • While transferring a guest call you should say:
  • Transferring your call with pleasure.
  • Putting a guest call on hold:
  • How to put a guest call on hold?
  • While putting a guest call on hold you should say:
  • Allow me to put your call on hold while I check for the information required”
Or
  • “Could I put your call on hold, while I check for the information required?”
Guest Query:
  • How to handle a guest query?
  • For any guest query you should say:
  • I will be glad to assist you.

No comments:

Post a Comment